can we install whatsapp in ipad mini using the latest whatsapp version if yes how?
submitted by yoonadeer to jailbreak
iOS emulation MEGA post! Want to play SNES, N64, PSP, PS1, GBA, NDS, Sega Genesis and many other console games on your phone? How about with a PS3 or PS4 controller? I'll show you how. (detailed instructions inside)
This guide is outdated, refer to: http://toucharcade.com/2014/12/11/guide-to-installing-emulators-ipad-iphone/
Hello you beautiful people, my name is Kai and I am going to show you how to emulate literally tens of thousands of games on your iPhone or iPad in a few (kind of) simple steps, the amount of text below is no doubt a bit daunting to look at but I swear to you that even your grandmother could do it, just follow the steps!
First I will show you some pics of what it looks like, note that the gamepad overlay you see in the pics can be turned off if you want to play with a controller: http://imgur.com/a/53WoI
This is the list of Consoles that you will be able to emulate once you have fallowed my guide:
- PlayStation 1
- Super Nintendo
- Nintendo Entertainment System
- GameBoy / GameBoy Color
- GameBoy Advance
- Nintendo 64
- Nintendo DS
- Neo Geo Pocket Color
- Virtual Boy
- Sega Genesis/Mega Drive
- Sega Master System/Sega Game Gear
- Sega CD / Mega CD
- Sony PSP
- PC Engine / PC Engine CD
- WonderSwan Color / Crystal
To do this you will need to Jailbreak your iDevice, lets break down some misconceptions that people have about it. Jailbreaking is legal in most countries; check out the "legal status" part of the iOS jailbreaking article on Wikipedia
for details., It is **NOT
inherently geared towards piracy, it is quite easy to jailbreak these days and it is safe
, there is a 0% chance of bricking your phone and does not void warranty!
Here is a short video on Jailbreaking and Cydia, not required to watch but might help you get familiarized with the concept of jailbreaking and Cydia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEbCzkcrXJk /jailbreak
is a fantastic community, definitely check out the subreddit if you get interested in tweaking your phone or want to add a custom theme or font. LEGALITY OF EMULATION: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_console_emulator As it states in the wikipedia article "According to all legal precedents, emulation is legal within the United States." BUT downloading roms or ISO's (games) that you don't own physical copies of is illegal and the same is true for most places See here for more details, I do personally own quite a large collection of games so it isn't a problem for me, just do the right thing K? K.
Cydia: you can think of this as a kind of alternate app store that also has many, many themes, utilities, tweaks, fonts, apps and basically everything you need to customize every possible detail of how your phone functions and looks.
Repo's: think of these as file servers that hold the seperate libraries of tweaks, apps, themes etc. there are a few repos that come with Cydia and they contain a lot of stuff but you can add some new ones by going into Cydia then clicking on "Sources" then "Edit" in the top right and then "Add" in the top left" then you type in the repo URL's that I have provided below.
Repo's (Sources) you will need [Cydia app names](ignore this for now):
http://cydia.ppsspp.org/ [PPSSPP Dev-Working]
Hardware you will need:
Software you will need (download these now):
- Windows PC (or emulated windows on Mac)
- iPad1/2/3/mini/Air or iPhone 4/4s 5/5c/5s 6/6+ on iOS 8.1.1 (newest firmware)
- USB to iPhone cable
Optional software to enable PS1 games with retroarch: google scph7003.bin (I can not provide this but you put the file into the /vamobile/Documents/.Retroarch folder)
This should only take about 30 minutes to an hour before you can actually start playing games (not including update and especially backup times for you 128GB device owners :P
** Okay here we GOOOOOOOO** (Mario N64 Voice)
1. Go into iTunes and upgrade to the newest firmware and then BACK UP YOUR PHONE!!!!! This is seriously the most important step! As long as you do this then you are 100% in the clear from screwing up your phone so don't fuck it up! GOT IT!? I recommend making the backup on PC but iCloud Backup is fine.
2. Close iTunes and then run the Taig Jailbreak, follow the instructions and definitely don't unplug your phone. (seriously)
3. Once your phone is done restarting a few times and working its magic you should have a new app on your Springboard called Cydia. (YAY!) Your phone is now jailbroken, if at any time you want to set your phone back to stock then simply restore your phone from your backup and everything is all groovy.
4. Open Cydia and add the sources I listed, see the "About Cydia" section above if you forgot how to add them
5. Use the "Search" tab of Cydia and then search and install the following tweaks (your phone may reboot after installing some of these, do not be alarmed):
6. Download the Mercury web browser from the Apples official app store app (lol) , it has a download manager which is totally and completely unrelated to step 7, I swear. To download files in Mercury tap on the file link first to see if it is a redirect link or a direct file link, if you are not redirected then hold your finger on the link and then select "Download Link" huzzah, the file is downloading, you can watch its progress in the download manager which is accessed through the button with 3 horizontal lines at the bottom of Mercury.
(Optional tweaks to enable PS3/PS4 controller support)
- snes9X EX
- PPSSPP Dev-Working
7. You need games, this part I can not directly help you with but my friend google can so ask him about emu paradise and he will tell you whats up. You can download them onto your PC and then transfer them with iFunbox OR you can download them directly to your phone, I prefer PC to phone. Like I said above I play games that I own.
8. So the games are on your phone (or your PC) and now you need to transfer them to the proper folder, this is where iFunbox and iFile come into play, If you downloaded the games onto your PC then open up iFunbox, if you downloaded the games to your phone then open up iFile on your iPhone.
This part where you have to set the bookmarks kinda sucks but only has to be done once so don't be a weenie, you must push onwards, otherwise who is going to help Chrono beat the piss out of (or befriend) Magus? :)
9a. If you are using iFunbox on your PC: click on iFunbox Classic in the top left then click on "Whateveryournameis's iPhone" in the file browser on the left and then click on "Raw File system" then Navigate to /vamobile/Documents, right click on Documents and select "add shortcut". I also suggest making a Shortcut for the Mercury download folder, to do this simply download a file into mercury and then use iFunbox to search for the file, once the file is found then cancel the search by clicking the red X on the right, then right click on the file and choose "open containing folder" now find the highlighted folder on the left, right click on it and add to shortcuts.
9b. If you are using iFile on your iPhone/iPad: click on the "home" button at the bottom then click Containers/Data/Application then swipe down to reveal the search bar, use this to search the first word of whatever game you downloaded (I searched just "blades" for Blades Of Steel), once the game shows up click on the little i button next to the name and then click on the "directory" section, CONGRATULATIONSSSSssss, you have now found your download folder for Mercury. Now you need to click on the Bookmark symbol at the bottom middle then click on "Bookmarks" also at the bottom and then the + symbol on the bottom right to add the bookmark, name it Games or Download.
10a. Transferring games on iFunbox: Open your new shortcut to the Documents folder, it will be at the very bottom of your folder browser in iFunbox, Shortcuts have stars next to them like this: http://imgur.com/bA7p1NG Now you just drag and drop (or copy and paste) your game from whatever folder on your PC you saved it to into the Documents folder in iFunbox, its that easy, do you like that you fucking retard?
10b. Transferring games on iFile: Navigate to your Mercury download folder with the bookmark you just made but you should already be in it if you followed the previous step, tap "Edit" at the top right and then tap on the file then tap the clipboard at the bottom right and then select "Cut" then navigate to vamobile/Documents and then tap "Edit" in the top right (again) and then on the clipboard (again) in the bottom right and select Paste! You can also make a bookmark here if you wish to make it a little easier. As of this second you can now play the game on your phone, good fucking job mate, I'm proud of you.
ALRIGHT YOU DID IT, IT'S TIME TO PLAY GAMES!!!..... Oh you cant? You're overwhelmed you say? You want to use a sweet as controller? Timmy is stuck in a well? It's okay, now I will explain how to setup the different emulators and how to connect up to 8(!) PS3 or PS4 controllers through bluetooth.
Retroarch: This is a powerful emulator with many "cores" that can mimic many consoles, in fact it emulates all of the consoles listed above but for PSP I prefer the PPSSPP emulator and for SNES I prefer SNES9x EX but if you want to you can use Retroarch for everything (although I think the PSP core might not be ready yet for retroarch and PPSSPP is a flawless emulator)
A. (for people who want to use the touch screen as the controller)
Once you know what game you are going to play and have it in the correct folder you can just go into Retroarch and select "Load Content" and select the game, once the it fires up it might load the proper overlay for the console that you are playing but if it doesn't for some odd reason then you can....
B. (for people who are using PS3 or PS4 controllers)
- Changing gamepad overlay: tap on the top of the of the screen (the arrow, not the alien symbol) to bring up this menu: http://i.imgur.com/UQIrJ3I.png then select "Core" then scroll down until you see "Input Overlay" select that and you should see the current config file for your overlay, they are in seperate folders so you have to tap on "Up" in the top left corner and then select the folder with the name of the system (psx, n64, snes etc) that you are playing and then the config file within that folder. Boom, resume your game and you are golden, go play some games.
You're DONE, just launch a game and then press the PS button on your controller, the lights might continue to flash but you should be connected now, if you ever have trouble connecting go into your iOS settings and toggle btstack off and then back on again.
- Connect your PS3 or PS4 controller to your PC with a compatible USB cable.
- Run the Sixaxis Pair Tool on your PC while both your iDevice and Controller are connected to your PC.
- On your iDevice go into your settings and navigate to General>About>Bluetooth and enter that what it says next to bluetooth into the Sixaxis Pair tool (take your time and make sure it is correct) then click Update, the controller is now paired and you can unplug it from your PC, the controller will stay paired unless you pair it to something else. If you want to add more controllers then repeat as necessary.
- You installed Btstack on your iDevice right? If not then do that now by searching for it in Cydia and installing. Once it is installed go into your iOS settings and DISABLE the stock bluetooth and then scroll way way down until you see Btstack, tap on it and then tap on btstack again, it is now enabled.
- If you installed Controllers For All then you need to disable that in settings now because it is not needed for RetroArch and will interfere. It is only necessary for PPSSPP and SNES9x EX.
- Open up this settings menu: http://i.imgur.com/UQIrJ3I.png by tapping on the very top of your screen (the arrow, not the alien symbol) then select "Front End" then tap on "Bluetooth Input Type" and select btstack.
- Resume game and now tap on the alien symbol to bring up this menu: http://i.imgur.com/21LKCic.png then select Settings>Input Options>Device and set it to Sixaxis/Dualshock3 go back to the main menu and then "Resume Content" then go back into the alien button menu and choose "Quit Retroarch", this will save your settings.
SNES9x EX: Simple and efficient
A. (If you want to use touch screen controls)
B. (For Controllers see step B in PPSSPP section below)
- Load a game......then play it. Yup, that's pretty much all there is to it.
PPSSPP: This is a FAN-flipping-TASTIC PSP emulator that has a very nice user interface.
A. (If you want to use touch screen controls)
B. (If you want to use a Controller)
- Open PPSSPP and click on the "Game"tab and then select the game you want to play, if no game is shown then you have put the game in the right folder, it must be in /vamobile/documents/ Other than that you are good to go because there is only 1 gamepad overlay.
I have ran out of characters so I hope you awesome people get some use out of this ;)
- Disable stock bluetooth in iOS settings
- Install btstack in Cydia and then enable it in settings>btstack
- Install Controllers For All from Cydia and then enable it in iOS settings
- Launch SixAxis Pair Tool (If you have already paired your controller then skip this step and the next) while your iDevice and Controller are both connected.
- On your iDevice go into your settings and navigate to General>About>Bluetooth and enter what it says next to bluetooth into the Sixaxis Pair tool (take your time and make sure it is correct) then click Update, the controller is now paired and you can unplug it from your PC, the controller will stay paired unless you pair it to something else. If you want to add more controllers then repeat as necessary.
- Now just launch the game and you will see a banner saying that it is initializing bluetooth, then it will tell you to press the PS button on your controller (So do it)and holy donkey balls batman, you are basically a super hacker now, if you ever have trouble connecting a controller go into your iOS settings>Controllers For All and press the "Restart BTstack, Controllers For All" button and then try again.
submitted by XenoKai