BLM + Trump vs Corruption of the State
What if I told you that despite the political narrative, BLM and Trump Voters were actually on the same side?
Excluding modern politics for a minute, we need to realize that the rise of popular movements in the US and around the globe are natural reactions against systemic corruption at the national, state, and local levels.
Corruption stinks. More than that, it’s a foul and putrid warning of something decaying around us. Like a dead mouse behind a wall, or three week old leftovers in the back of the fridge, our olfactory senses tell us that something is not right.
Collectively, almost subconsciously, our sense of right and wrong are screaming at us to take action. Grab the disinfectant and start cleaning up the embedded corruption.
This natural reaction gave rise to BLM this summer after the death of George Floyd. The video sparked outrage from everyone, regardless of race or creed. Police Chiefs across the US voiced their opinions that the officers involved should be indicted. It wasn’t until the marches turned to riots that people began to voice opposition to the movement.
In 2016, Trump stormed onto the political scene promising to ‘drain the swamp’ of corruption. He was an outsider to the embedded political process, and ran on that platform. As he picked up steam, the RNC hinted that they could refuse him the nomination even if he won the primaries. Trumps response was that ‘there will be riots in the streets’ if the RNC were to try and steal the nomination for another candidate.
I recently saw comment on the election results, and the shocking results that showed Trump still getting over 67 million votes. The comment from a democratic pundit was that ‘apparently we have 67 million racist in this country’. As someone who lives in a red state, I can assure you that the people around me who voted for Trump are not racist.
From the popularity of Bernie Sanders, to Occupy Wall Street, to Trump, to BLM, all of these populist movements are about the fighting of imbedded corruption within the system: The People vs The Corruption.
Where these movements differ is how they are perceived through the modern political lens on modern political media. That’s where they can divide the narrative, and pit these forces against one another, all the while never addressing the main problem of the deeply embedded, disease ridden virus of corruption.
submitted by CloudsCreek
Build 41 Megathread
Build 41 has been in testing for about a year now, so I decided to make a post with all the new features that were added, and a few more things!
What exactly is Build 41?
Build 41 is the latest upcoming build, currently in testing. The update adds the long awaited animations to the game, and much, much,
more. The testing branch, called IWBUMS (I Will Back Up My Save Game) is available to all for playing around with!
Not sure how to get access to Build 41 IWBUMS? Click here!
Do note that multiplayer is not added yet for this version.
I have questions about the game! Where is the best place to seek answers? There's the discord, found here
. If you prefer looking for an answer yourself you can always check out the Wiki
. Finally, every week there is a Megathread on this subreddit, where you can also ask any questions :)
Mega-list of all new important features that were added so far. Build 41 - IWBUMS Release Released on October 15, 2019
- New gameplay styles: Builder, Brawler and Survivor
- More deadly ‘Survivor’ (Survival) gameplay balance – player can be dragged down by horde and feasted upon etc.
- New survivor abilities: sitting, sneaking, sprinting, jogging, racking, reloading, climbing, fence-jumping, collapsing and much much more.
- New combat, new weapons, new difficulty balance.
- New character creation – many, many different new clothing options both on spawn and discoverable in the world as loot or on zombies.
- New zombie behavior: feasting on recent corpses, lolling against walls, falling over fences etc.
- Blood system that progressively bloodies bodies and clothing of survivors and zombies
- New injury system – movement and combat visibly hampered when injured. Lacerations now possible, an injury state that lies between bites and scratches.
- Improved gunplay: green/red aiming outline, new guns, improved racking and reloading, increased gun loot spawn.
- Zombie Death Scenes – zombies discovered in the situations in which people died. Prayer meetings, sports-viewing parties, survivor zeds wearing backpacks etc.
- Situational zombie type/clothing and inventories – cop zeds in police station, firemen zeds in burnt buildings, Chef zeds in restaurant kitchens, bride and groom zeds at a wedding ceremony in church etc.
- Clothing protection: different clothing provides different levels of protection from zombie attacks.
- Visibly ripped and damaged clothing.
- New Sims-style cutaway vision system.
- Vehicle handling improvements, resizing and appearance tweaks.
- Updated, remastered and improved Kentucky-themed soundtrack. Original music still in rotation, and also accessible through game options.
- New SFX: weaponry, zombie moans etc.
- New water visuals – including visible flow direction.
- New puddle system during heavy rain.
- Broken glass and related injuries.
- Garage doors may be opened / closed and shake when hit.
- New Challenge maps: Film Set and Kingsmouth Vacation Island
- 3D Store Mannequins – can be dressed however you like
- Working washing machines and driers
- New game cursor
- New level-up sound, and tweaked leveling system.
- Faint isometric aiming cursor that shows where you’re aiming in iso space.
- New loot balance and loot balance system: houses and stores now have loot in the containers you would expect from real life – and not in a jumble.
- Two tiers of loot priority – allowing for more realistic ‘filler’ loot amidst the more valuable gameplay items.
- VISIBLE BACKPACKS!
Build 41.17 Released on October 28, 2019
- A hot-bar has been added. Items like belts, holsters and backpacks add slots in which items can be equipped for quick access.
Build 41.19 Released on November 11, 2019
- Sprinter zombies have been added back!
- Certain head wear now have a chance to fall when attacking (on zombies and players). Hats now rendered as 3D models in the world.
- Added star quality to show durability of items in hot-bar.
Build 41.20 Released November 18, 2019
- Zombies have now 3 level of decay, they'll be shown depending on your survival time (6 months after apocalypse having lots of decay level 3 etc..)
- Character temperature stuff. You can now view how well your character is insulated against temperature. Your stats change depending on how warm/cold you are.
- Added Clothing Repair:
- Right click an item to add/remove patches to clothing.
- Adding a patch to a hole removes it, otherwise it simply gives you defense bonus (need to add more insulation to them if simply upgrading).
- Quality of the defense depend on fabric used & tailoring skill.
- Can now rip leathedenim stuff to get strips (requires scissors).
Build 41.21 Released on November 26, 2019
- Added visible bandage models on character.
- Added randomized vehicle spawn events - car crashes etc.
Build 41.22 Released on December 4, 2019
- Pressing one of the hot-bar keys for half a second now displays a radial menu for choosing an item to equip in that slot.
- Healing items can be dragged onto the Health panel to treat injuries
Build 41.24 Released on December 19, 2019
- Added zombie turn alerted
- When climbing through a window and a zombie blocking it making you fall back into the house, zombie will emit a sound so you know it's there.
- Can now shoot at windows (they'll be highlighted if in range/direction).
- Zombies now won't get up if a player is standing on top of them.
- Game now detects when zombies have been walking-on-the-spot for several seconds, then stop moving.
- Groups of zombies attacking vehicles now coordinated better to avoid them endlessly walking into a vehicle they can't possibly reach.
- Added prediction for melee combat. If you're attacking a zombie that is lunging toward you, we increase virtually the range of weapon to detect an attack, this should make the "miss" animation play way less often when you actually will hit the zombie.
- Drivers now look behind them when the vehicle is moving in reverse. This fixes players not being able to see the vehicle they are in when reversing into unseen areas. Drivers and passengers may look around by holding the Aim key or the controller right-stick when windows aren't opened.
- Control + mouse wheel now cycles between containers in the inventory and loot windows when the mouse is over the items list.
- Quality-of-life improvements to taking dirt/gravel/sand.
- The most-full bag is chosen automatically from inventory (and in backpacks) instead of having to choose one from a sub-menu.
- A cursor is displayed for picking locations to take from. This allows the player to click four times in a row to fill one bag, instead of having to right-click and choose the same action four times from the context menu.
- Quality-of-life improvements to pouring dirt/gravel/sand.
- The cursor displays a green or red outline to make it easier to see.
- The first non-empty bag is chosen automatically from inventory (and in backpacks) instead of having to choose one from a sub-menu.
Build 41.28 Released on January 30, 2020
- Improvements to Foraging UI:
- ow displays a list of items found, with their textures.
- UI is more transparent.
- Cancel button now only cancels the current action.
- Added a close button to close the UI.
- Improvements to Fishing UI
- Now uses same UI model as Foraging
- You can select rods/lures
- Can select bags to put caught fish in (as with Foraging).
Build 41.34 Released April 9, 2020
- Added a full decay for zombie corpses: they go from stage to stage until disappearing totally (they can become skeleton before disappearing)
- Added visible wounds on character (not done the lower body parts yet).
- Can now remove visible blood from health panel debug menu.
- Added fuel timer to campfires and other fuel items
- Added ability to tie the bandanna Rambo style (will also be added with a ripped sheet soon).
- Added ability to use bandanna as a mask
- Removed long press of E to remove keys from car's ignition.
- Added ability to hold umbrella
- Added ability to hold a torch/flashlight in your hand
- Added Garden Saw.
- Added a Loot Generator UI in debug context menu to track loot spawns better
- Added cruise control, press Shift + W to start/increase it, Shift = S to decrease it speed, breaking will stop the cruise control (Shift + W to resume it to its set speed), accelerating won't break it, after you release accelerator speed will be resumed to set cruise speed.
- Hair dyes:
- Added hair dye (regular color will be found in bathroom, some others in a hair salon).
- You can dye your hair & beard separately , just right click the hair dye bottle.
Build 41.35 Released on April 28, 2020
- Added the ability to hold bags in your hands (with the bag actually showing!)
- Added Make-Up
- You need either a make up foundation, make up eyes shadows or lipstick.
- Make up available will depend on the type you selected. (i'll change it so it'll check for every make up material in your inventory, so if you have lipstick but click on makeup foundation you'll see lipstick make up in the list)
- You also need to be in front of a mirror or have a mirror item in your inventory.
- Clown, Skull, Brave heart, multiple lipstick & eyes shadow color...
- Added Dirt/Grime.
- Random dirt will be added on zed at creation (more the later in the apocalypse).
- For character:
- Running or sweating add dirt on your character, slowly getting to your clothes the more dirty you are.
- Being in trees will add dirt directly on your clothing.
- Falling add also dirt.
- Clothing item can now have more than 1 extra option.
- All bandannas can now be tied the normal way, Rambo style or put on face.
- Added bandanna with random tint.
- Added new bandannas to zombies outfit.
Build 41.37 Released on May 12, 2020
- Added guitar case/flight case
- Added a "Delete All" button next to "Loot all" button for trash can/bins, click this will permanently delete items from the container (there's a confirmation dialog before deleting them).
- Made many previously unmovable objects movable: benches, bunk beds, carpets, canopies, Spiffo's tables, bar stools, counters etc.
- Added "Resume normal speed when timed actions complete" Accessibility option. (Once a timed action is done (reading book, cooking, crafting..) it'll auto-cancel fast-forward. Canceling a timed action via ESC will cancel fast forward.)
Build 41.38 Released on June 18, 2020
- Added new tutorial
- Added a radial menu for reloading firearms and spare magazines.
- The menu is displayed after holding down the Reload key (or controller button) for half a second.
- The "Display reloading radial menu immediately" Accessibility option changes this behavior so the menu is displayed immediately.
- Added a command to the item context menu and reload radial menu to unload all rounds from non-magazine type guns, like revolvers.
- Taking dirt, gravel or sand from a square it was previously placed on now both removes it and restores the previous floor sprites.
- Added Flip flops and Fanny packs. The latter can be worn on front or back.
- Tool tips of equipped bag on the right panel now show the name of the bag.
- Added briefcase.
- Added Mash's new overlay sprites (fridges, stoves, seats, etc).
- Added a different icon to the vehicle radial menu for refueling from a pump at a gas station.
Build 41.40 Released on July 30, 2020
- Added jewelry that can be worn on player: necklaces, earrings and rings on fingers.
- Added ability to refill water dispensers
- Drainable items now change their weight depending on how full they are
- Added bracelets, watches, dog tags etc to zombies.
Build 41.41 Released on August 13, 2020
- Allow sleeping anywhere when the character reaches a fatigue level of 4. The sleep is short and has more negative side effects than a "bad bed".
- Allow the player to go to sleep outdoors when it is raining.
Build 41.42 Released on September 3, 2020
- Added emote wheel, you currently press Q to open it.
- Emotes wheel is bound to Q by default.
- Emotes wheel is now a long press to bring up.
- Emotes wheel includes different looking emotes if you are in stealth
- Pressing Q (shout) while crouched will now have different text and smaller sound radius.
- Swinging your weapon in the air (not hitting anything) won't attract zombies anymore.
Build 41.42 Released on October 8, 2020
- Added exercising. This can be used to increase your physical skills. Fitness items can be used for this, all with appropriate animations
This is everything we have currently. If there's enough interest in this post I will keep updating it.
submitted by ISOREX_