wait on the database engine recovery handle failed 2014 express
but there is already an instance of mysql used by aliquo software which i dont want to loose. what can I do please? I am trying to install kaspersky security center on this server (windows server 2012 RT)
submitted by MArkFIA
Paid 12 month Linux internship at bidorbuy.co.za with certifications
The position below is based in Johannesburg (Bryanston - close to DiData campus, just off Main Rd). Our work-environment is casual (= no suits), we mostly work on Apple Macs supporting 3 racks of servers running Xen, CentOS, Oracle, Java, Tomcat, Nginx, Apache, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Apache Solr and a number of other technologies. In addition to the Linux server stack, our customer care team is running on Windows 10.
The candidate joining will be exposed to hands-on production work and will finish the 12 month internship with a full Linux (either LPIC-1/2/3 or Redhat equivalent) certification. Permanent employment is possible thereafter at competitive salaries. Internship Summary
bidorbuy represents Africa's largest online market place where buyers and sellers come together to buy and sell merchandise, services and any other marketable goods.
The Linux/Windows-intern will provide IT support for our finance-, customer-care-, product-, marketing- and finance teams, managing Windows, OSX and Linux computers (PCs and laptops). The intern will also manage Samba shares, backups, office network connectivity and proactively manage software- and security updates. The internship will be for a duration of 12 months during which time the successful candidate will be required to complete the Linux certification and will work hands-on with the SysOps team. Responsibilities
Desired qualifications / Personal traits
- Manage bidorbuy’s back-office PCs and laptops (Windows, Linux and OS X)
- Work with WSUS and Kaspersky to maintain software updates and security *Manage office network and office-network security
Overview of the Internship Programme:
- Linux and Windows experience is a plus
- Knowledgeable with computers, PCs, setup of workstations, troubleshooting
- Analytical thinking
- Strong networking and communication ability
- Goal and delivery focused
- Creative and display high energy levels
How to Apply:
- Location: The position is based in Bryanston, Johannesburg.
- Duration: 12 months
- Compensation: R 7,500.00 / pm
- Aim: To provide interns with the opportunity to gain valuable work experience, thus becoming more employable for prospective future employers. Training will be provided, as well as support and mentoring as needed throughout the year.
- Training / Certifications: It is the expectation that the intern will complete LPIC1, LPIC2 and LPIC3 (or Redhat equivalent) certifications during the 12 months
In order to be considered for an interview you need to submit via email to [email protected]
the following documentation:
- A concise CV with personal details, education details and any work experience gained thus far.
- Any practical examples / projects (Github, personal blog etc) demonstrating skill-set
- Only individuals meeting these requirements should apply. Should you not hear from us within 14 days, please assume that your application was unsuccessful.
NOT MANDATORY: If you have a laptop and some background knowledge, prepare the below and bring along your laptop to demonstrate that you did the following:
- Explain how you set up a Linux server (CentOS 7 is preferred). Also explain how you disable SELinux.
- Explain how you setup Apache HTTP or NGINX connecting via mod_ajp/mod_jk to a Tomcat (preferably v8 with JDK 1.8)
- Bonus points will be if you do a simple JSP on Tomcat which connects to a local MySQL DB
Alternatively, demonstrate some IT background / skills etc.
submitted by magicdude4eva